- The tiger is the largest wild cat on the planet and measures up to 3.3 metres and can weigh as much as 360 kilograms.
- The tiger is not a social animal and prefers to hunt alone and usually at night.
- Unlike the other big cats, tigers enjoy spending time in the water and are actually good swimmers, often cooling off in pools or streams.
- At the beginning of the 20th century there were 100,000 wild tigers, now there are less than 4,000 tigers left in the wild.
- Tigers are incredibly fast and can reach speeds of up to 40 mph.